We’re hiring: Architectural Technician
Novak+Middleton are currently looking for an experienced architectural technician to join our busy award winning practice. Based in Wellington Novak+Middleton is a design led practice with an established reputation for producing contemporary, innovative, and quality architecture. Our commitment to each individual client, and the ability to provide a quality service with an outstanding result is paramount in the philosophy of our architectural practice.
Why join us
We are a fantastic team dedicated to creating innovative and quality architecture for our clients, from bespoke residential developments, multi-unit to social housing, commercial facilities, and office buildings. We value our team and the diverse interests and achievements every member brings. We support professional growth and take a genuine interest in personal goals and promote a flexible working environment. With a bottomless supply of fresh Havana coffee available throughout the day to keep you humming we also enjoy regular team dinners, lunches and social activities.
What you’ll do
With a passion for great communication and achieving outstanding service and results for our clients you’ll bring your creativity and experience working in all stages of the architectural process, particularly in detailed design, construction documentation and contract administration.
Your typical day will involve:
• Preparing preliminary and developed designs.
• Preparing documentation and specifications for building consents and tendering.
• Preparing submissions of resource consent applications.
• Liaising with clients, builders, separate consultants and territorial authorities to resolve design and construction issues, developing a team approach.
• Undertaking contract administration and observation of projects during construction.
• Undertaking professional development to maintain knowledge and skills and advance these areas.
• Checking construction documentation within the office.
• Sharing your knowledge with the team and assisting other staff with their work.
• Assisting in growing the practice and enhancing the office’s expertise and capability.
What you’ll bring with you
We are interested in a self-motivated person with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in all stages of the architectural process, particularly in detailed design, construction documentation and contract administration. You would be energetic, well organised and have great communication, technical, and design skills. It would be advantageous if you are conversant with the latest versions of ArchiCAD, but not essential. Previous experience with client contact and the ability to collaborate within a team environment will be important attributes for this role.
Where you’ll work
Our offices are based at 15 Everton Terrace, Kelburn, Wellington in a 1960s modernist building which offers bright and airy spaces with outdoor decks and gardens offering up birdlife right on our doorstep. With both easy access to town and to green spaces such as the Botanical Gardens it’s the best of both worlds.
40 hours per week, 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
How to apply
If you believe you have these qualities and would be interested in joining our creative team, please email your cover letter and CV together with some examples of your recent work to Michael Fletcher, Studio Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5pm, December 8 2021.